Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Warfare 2

+2
Word
Yuuko
6 posters

:: Others :: Games

Go down

Modern Warfare 2 Empty Modern Warfare 2

Post by Yuuko Wed May 05, 2010 10:54 am

This time it's COD!

Modern Warfare 2 Modernwarfare2logo

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is the newest game so far by Infinity Ward, at this moment still the best selling game of all.

I will begin.

Plot 10/10

In the COD franchise, you usually (almost always) play as two characters and switch around every mission or two. With this, a lot of confusion is made but it keeps the game fun to play. The plot is basicly using amazing weapons and artillery to destroy the enemy. The most used forces are the British ones and the US ones.

Gameplay 10/10

The most smooth gameplay I have yet to experience in a game. The controls are excellent and the reaction to shots is extremely fast. You have a gigantic variety of weapons and items to use on your weapons that it always stays exciting. You also have access to airbourne vehicles that do the work for you.

Voice acting 9/10

The voices were done quite nice, especially the main characters but after a while they use recycled voices and you feel like you've heard it already. Besides that, the voices were done very well.

Audio 10/10

The audio in the game was perfect, every loading screen had a new tune and every mission had several songs played through them. You just could not get bored of the music. During moments of sadness you'll get amazing orchestra suspenses and instruments played. Yeah..

Host Migration 6/10

I must admit, MW2s Host Migration is a brilliant system.. if it didnt mess up nearly half of the time. Now this is the case in both console and PC versions which is annoying, most of the time the game randomly quits cause of a failed Host Migration. Though I suppose its always better than the old MW where the game juts always quits after the host leaves..

Steam 3/10

Modern Warfare 2 on PC runs on an engine by the company Steam, this however is an epic failure of a hosting system. It can think of more errors then I can count and will crash randomly all of the time. It's supposed to give the players a good and neat gaming experience but no.. I have yet to notice that.

Overall 8ΒΌ/10

Yeah excellent game, I haven't been disappointed yet -- ever since I bought it. Even the multiplayer feature kicks ass. I strongly recommend this game if you're somewhat a fan of FPS games. If not, it'll make you a fan. 8D

That was it for COD, MW2.

Last edited by Yuuko on Fri May 07, 2010 7:00 am; edited 6 times in total
Yuuko
Yuuko

https://kiseki.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Modern Warfare 2 Empty Re: Modern Warfare 2

Post by Word Wed May 05, 2010 11:57 am

+1
Word
Word

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatsumaki Wed May 05, 2010 3:06 pm

Though its not that good if we got distracted from it by flyff. Hohoho

Tatsumaki

Back to top Go down

Post by Memory Wed May 05, 2010 3:11 pm

I haven't had much time outside of school / flyff to play other games, but I must say, Modern Warfare 1 was a great game. I have yet to play MW2, but I can only imagine it's great.
Memory
Memory

Back to top Go down

Post by Word Wed May 05, 2010 3:26 pm

MW1 was only 1/1000000000000000000th as fun as MW2
Word
Word

Back to top Go down

Post by Memory Wed May 05, 2010 3:29 pm

Word wrote: MW1 was only 1/1000000000000000000th as fun as MW2

Doubtful, but I'll take that as a positive hyperbole nonetheless.
Memory
Memory

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuuko Wed May 05, 2010 3:32 pm

Understatement more like. 8D
Yuuko
Yuuko

Back to top Go down

Post by Memory Wed May 05, 2010 3:36 pm

Sadly, I am a poor college student that has to pay the rest of the way through. That being said, I am not renewing my Xbox Live subscription. That, my friends, is deterring me from purchasing this game, as I believe online play would make it the enjoyable game everyone loves. I am not bashing single-player, but I believe the game's true potential is in multiplayer.
Memory
Memory

Back to top Go down

Post by Parley Wed May 05, 2010 3:58 pm

I've played MW2 quite a bit and i can honsestly in my opinion
say this game is horrible :s

Its a step down from the amazing MW1 ;/

Im sure i maybe Flamed for that but Hey :)
Parley
Parley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuturox Thu May 06, 2010 10:25 am

I own all Call Of Duty series ( no cod3 ). But i must say, the online/offline-experience is awesome at the next level. But when you try to scrim, is totally horible. Also the steam program just fucks it all up. Always, remigrating server, waiting for players, game lobby closed, couldn't connect to host please try again. All big error alot of time :( but i really like 'pubbing' around.

/sneer I still play it tho, since i like pubbing around, wanna play with me ? :D add suc1338 for Call Of Duty : MW2

And I also have to say, I'm never gonna pay my money for new maps, that is just ridiculous..... Really really stupid.

Nuturox

Back to top Go down

Post by Memory Thu May 06, 2010 2:36 pm

@ Nutu:

Most of those problems are non-existent on the console versions of the game. It seems like the consoles are a lot more reliable than PCs when it comes to servers and hosts. I believe that Call of Duty is going the wrong direction when it come to PC gaming, especially with the installment of MW2.
Memory
Memory

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuuko Fri May 07, 2010 6:59 am

Added some important points.
Yuuko
Yuuko

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuturox Fri May 07, 2010 11:40 am

Yuuko wrote:Added some important points.

Haha, I've just read them. Nicely said *thumbsup*

Nuturox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Others :: Games

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum